Arctic Frontiers Event: “Moving towards a ban on heavy fuel oil (HFO) in the Arctic”
Tuesday 28 January 2020 18h00 – 19h45
Onboard hybrid-electric ship: MS Brim
(The pier outside Clarion Hotel The Edge, Tromsø, Norway.
A side event as part of Arctic Frontiers 2020
Please join the Clean Arctic Alliance and Bellona Foundation for an event welcoming new signatories to the Arctic Commitment, and to hear from operators, government and NGOs on what their policy, commitment and solutions are for a more sustainable Arctic.
- Welcome aboard! Agnes Árnadóttir – BRIM Explorer
- The HFO Free Arctic campaign – Eelco Leemans – Clean Arctic Alliance
- A Senior Arctic Official’s perspective – Friðrik Jónsson – Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Iceland
- The expedition cruise sector’s effort – Melissa Nacke – Association of Arctic Expedition CruiseOperators (AECO)
- New solutions for a new era – Sigurd Enge – Bellona Foundation
- Questions and discussion
- Arctic Commitment signing ceremony and photo opportunityThis event is organised by the Clean Arctic Alliance, Bellona Foundation with the kind cooperation from Brim Explorer,
Contact for this event: [email protected]
Contact for MS Brim: [email protected]